Are you on the lookout for the best immersion rods in India?
Getting hot water on a daily basis can be very challenging, especially if you live in a remote area without access to direct hot water. This is why we are here to share some of the top immersion rod options that you can find on the market. An immersion water heater delivers you one of the best methods you can use to heat water quickly.
This is an appliance that will help heat a bucket of water in less than 20 minutes. The way the unit works is it delivers a heating coil that you need to plug into the electric socket. This will help deliver all the heating you need, and the quality itself is very impressive. But which immersion rod should you buy? Here are some of the best options.
5 Best Immersion Rods in India
1. Rico 1500-Watt Immersion Rod
This 1500-watt immersion rod from Rico is a beneficial product for your home. It helps you to heat the water quickly, thus proving to be energy efficient. Equipped with a convenient bucket handle, this heater gives you a comfortable and firm grip during use. It is also shockproof, which makes it a safer option, especially when kids are around. This immersion water heater is made of the copper element with nickel plating for better heating and longer life. It’s by far one of the top solutions if you want a simple, efficient, and reliable immersion rod. Be careful how you store it, as it can be prone to oxidation.
- 1500 watts immersion rod with superfast heating
- Shockproof – Completely safe due to advanced technology
- Copper element with nickel plating for efficient performance and long life
- Convenient bucket handle for easy grip and easy usage
- Best heating option at the lowest cost
2. Bajaj 1500-Watt Immersion Rod
This immersion water heater has a straightforward design, and it doesn’t require any installation. It’s designed from the ground up to consume less energy, and it has an excellent heating element. It requires around 230-250V, and it delivers low-cost water heating while allowing you to save money on energy. On top of that, you get a year of warranty with this unit. The manufacturer has multiple patterns, and you can choose between a 1500 and 1000 KW option according to your own needs. The hairpin tubular element is very reliable.
- Anti-corrosive material
- Low-cost water heating
- 1500 watts power
- Hairpin tubular element
3. Crompton IHL201 1000-Watt Immersion Water Heater
Crompton’s immersion rod has a very distinctive, impressive design. It’s also created from the ground up with waterproofing and shock proofing in mind. This helps a lot, and it shows just how much quality and value you can get for your money. The product has a water level indicator and the heating element provides a very long life, which is exactly what you would need from such a product.
It’s also one of the lightest immersion water heater options on the market. The fact that you can avoid shocks while also having great handling and even dedicated handling solutions really makes this product one of the best possible purchases you can make at this time. Some customers state that their product quality was not up to par, with some pieces coming defective.
- Lightweight for portability
- Heating element with longer life
- Shockproof plastic handle for ensuring your safety
- Water level indicator for easy usage
4. Usha IH 2410 1000-Watt Immersion Rod
Usha IH2415 is a very powerful 1500-watt immersion rod. It’s ISI certified, and it can be used for both water and beverages as well. It also has a thermostat, which makes it a perfect purchase since you can monitor the temperature a lot easier. The copper tube element has nickel plating, and this certainly helps improve the lifetime of this product. Moreover, the system itself is optimized for fast and reliable heating solutions. Plus, the metal hook makes it easy to operate, not to mention Usha added Bakelite to deliver the utmost shock protection that you can get on the market. Usha IH2415 has 2 years of warranty, and it’s praised by most customers for its efficiency, although some clients state it stops working after a while.
- Available in 1 Kw and 1.5 Kw variants
- Bakelite handle cover
- Copper tube heating element with nickel plating
- Neon indicator for power on
- Metal hook for safe operation
5. Singer IR-10 1500-Watt Immersion Water Heater
Singer IR-10 is a very powerful and easy to use immersion water heater. It comes in the 1000 and 1500 W varieties, and it also delivers a heating element optimized for faster and convenient heating. You will notice that the product has a great water heating indicator to show when the water was heated properly. Besides, the plastic body is sealed, so the design and construction are up to par with the expectations. The added copper element delivers amazing rust prevention, and it also helps with heat conduction. Most customers praise it for its efficiency, while others complain because the indicators are not working.
- 1500 watts power
- Superior copper element to ensure heat conduction and rust prevention
- Water-resistant shockproof body
- Specially designed heating element for faster heating
- Water level indicator for safe usage
Best Immersion Rods in India – Buying Guide
How can you pick the best immersion water heater? There are many different options to consider, depending on your needs. Thankfully, here are the main features you want to focus on:
The most important thing that you need to see is the watt. The number of watts will decide how fast the water will boil. Generally, the immersion rod’s watt will range between 1000 to 2000. You can get any rod that is between this range.
One thing that you need to remember here is to get a higher watt if you want your water to boil faster and get a lower watt if you like mildly boiled water. Not to mention, it will also consume more power. With bigger watts comes more power consumption. So, keep this in mind and buy one.
2. LED Indicator
When it comes to immersion rod, an indicator is needed. You will never know if the water heater is turned on or not. However, if there is an LED indicator, you can easily know about it. You should never touch the water to check if the rod is turned on or not. Instead, spend 50 Rupees extra and get the one which has LED light.
3. Shock Proof and Power Saver
Mostly all the rods have the same features. However, you can surely look for them to be sure. It will not be completely shockproof as electricity will travel in water. Therefore, you should never touch the water but it’s always good to get a rod that has safety measures. Moreover, you can look if it consumes less energy.
4. Price and Materials
The price of the immersion rod is affordable. You will surely get it below 500. So, this is not an important thing to look for. The same goes for materials. Mostly all the brands have used standard quality materials and also comes with the hanging hook. You can see which element is used for plating and heating. Generally, it will have a copper tube and nickel platting for more life. You can see this before finalizing your purchase.
When you buy an immersion water heater, think about a warranty. The best brands on the market will give you up to 2 years of warranty. The more warranty you get, the better the experience you will receive.
Safety Precautions for Immersion Rods
What are the safety precautions you need to take while handling an immersion rod?
There are some safety measures that you should keep in mind while using the immersion rod so that any accident can be avoided, and it is as follows:
- Make sure the kids are not close to the immersion rod when it is in use and the switch is on.
- Do not put your hand in a bucket when the immersion water heater is in “On” condition.
- Please do not leave the heater unattended when it is connected to the main supply outlet.
- The immersion rod should be submerged in water before putting it on power.
- The water level needs to be between indicated marks; otherwise, the element will fuse due to dry heating.
- The current should be switched off before the immersion rod is taken out of the water.
- The immersion rod is to be used for heating water only and is not advised for use in other liquid.
FAQ – Best Immersion Rods in India
An immersion rod is an electric heating appliance that is used to heat water.
An immersion rod has an electrical resistance heating element encased in a tube. The electric current passes through the element which further heats the water around it.
Here is a list of the five best immersion rods for winter in India.
1. Rico 1500-W Immersion Rod Water Heater
2. Bajaj 1500W Immersion Rod Water Heater
3. Crompton IHL201 1000-Watt Immersion Rod Water Heater
4. Usha (2410) 1000-Watt Immersion Rod Water Heater
5. Singer IR-10 1500-Watt Immersion Rod Water Heater
Yes. The immersion rods are safe to use. However, it would be best if you took safety precautions when using any electrical appliance.
Yes. If you are using a plastic bucket then, put the immersion heater at the centre of the bucket and hang the heater to a wooden stick.
There’s no shortage of options when you want to buy a good immersion rod. The truth is that whenever you want to heat your water, you do want to invest in the best immersion water heater you can buy. Try to take all these ideas into account and browse our recommendations, and you will have no problem getting the best value for money!